Painting Oak Paneling

We have some nice oak paneling with picture frame molding that we would like to paint. Is there some sort of remover that will allow me to take the glossy finish off so that the new paint will adhere properly? Thanks.
Joe
Seems a real shame to paint "nice oak panelling", since painting is pretty irreversible and some day someone will say "look, the former owners painted that nice oak paneling". However, if you use "liquid sandpaper", you should get decent adhesion. That said, it is generally not easy to get paint to stick well over varnish, since often people have used wax or furniture polish or stuff with silicone.

like
If its nice paneling why paint it , refinish it. or just clean with TSP and sand and prime.

220 grit sandpaper. Vacuum. Use a tack rag. Use a primer. Finally, then paint. It's all about the prep work.
Thanks for the information.
Joe

like