Painting Metal Pannels - Large Building

Hope someone here can help with this one.
I'm on the Board of Directors for an 8 story condo. The building is about 15 years old, blonde brick, with large blue/green metal panels along the top of the building. The problem is that the metal panels are oxidizing and look awful. I'm sure that the paint was "baked on " originally.
I hadn't thought that they could be repainted, but we've had a painter assure us that they can be cleaned up and painted and the paint will stay on the panels. I'm concerned that the paint will last a few years and then start to come off and stain the brick below it, causing even more problems.
Any comments would be appreciated.
tia
Peter H
With the proper prep, prime and paint, there is no reason it should not last as long as any other quality exterior paint job 10-15 years (my car's paint job only lasted 11 years). When paint fails, it usually fades or flakes. I ve never heard of it running down and staining anything. Now rust, that will stain.

Peter H wrote:

Go directly to the paint manufacturer's web site and ask. They may have a local tech rep who will come to the site and advise. TB