Painting metal

I need to use galvanized strip of metal and want to paint it to match aluminum strip around windows. Will galvanized metal hold paint? Thanks.
Dorothy Roper wrote:

Sure. Prime first. Don't use latex.
--
dadiOH

NO. You must use a special primer made for galvanized metal. Otherwise the paint will peel off. I had it happen when I painted the galvanized metal sides on a trailer. I used a quality oil based paint and it just peeled off.