Painting house exterior

I'll be soon painting the exterior of my house. The house is mostly stucco with some lap siding. It's a single story house. I own a pretty good sprayer. Here are some questions I have:
Some of the fascia board around the garage are wasted (2x4 in size). I want to replace them. What do I buy at say Home Depot to do this? Redwood? Or?? The other fascia that's in better condition I was going to sand down with say 80 grit, then prime and paint.
How do I spray the very high areas without having to move the ladder a million times? I have a sprayer extension, but that's for ceilings. Anything I should use?
Typically I plan on powering wash the exterior a couple days before, do some prep work and then start from the top eves and work down.
I have a garage door that's sectional. What's the trick to painting those?
Last, since the house is part stucco, do I have to use stucco paint on the stucco and then switch over to standard exterior for the lap siding?
Thanks guys!
Add pictures here
✖
On May 7, 11:23 am, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Use pine for the trim, yes move the ladder it goes fast, Stucco paint, it must be a new marketing gimmic, just use good exterior latex and dont paint in sun or on a hot surface.
Add pictures here
✖

Hello, the stucco paint is elastomeric, it's like a "rubberized" paint that is suppose to expand and have good capabilities in filling small cracks. I wonder if it can be sprayed.
Add pictures here
✖
smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: ...

The can will tell you if you read it. I'd guess not, but I don't have the label to read...
✖

I'd use one of the viny type products to replace the trim. You don't need much, so cost isn't that much. And it will never rot again.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in wrote:

Bad parts of this.
- expensive...well I seem to recall something called Never Rot had a price tag.
- If trim board is rotting, that's a nice warning that something is wrong. Fix before rafter caps get damaged.
- If it was a no rot, rafter caps and worse, walls would be rotting and everything would look fine from outside. Big $ by the time it shows up inside.
Prime trim board front and back and on end after final cut. Paint, including edges. Always 45 cuts on lap joints. No butt joints. Caulk overlaps and ends. Must have drip edge overhanging trim, rakes and eaves. Use galvanized nails Inspect anually.
Gutters can cause havoc with trim if improperly installed.
Trim boards installed correctly won't rot.

BTW, 2x4 for fascia boards??? Usually are 1-by-x.     1x4 small     1x6 nominal     1x8 large
Just my .02. I am a professional wanna-be :-)
Add pictures here
✖
On May 7, 11:59 am, smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Exterior Latex has been the standard for as long as I can remember, its recommended and works on concrete and Stucco, Latex expands and contracts. There are jobs ive done 25 years ago that are fine. Its industry standard to use quality exterior latex on stucco.
Add pictures here
✖

I'm leaning towards that, it will be easier since I believe the elastromeric cannot be sprayed on wood, that means I'd have to spray the eves with latex, then clean, then spray the stucco.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 7 May 2008 12:02:18 -0700 (PDT), smith snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

elastomeric (fancy name) paint = acrylic latex.
Yes it is suitable for wood... can be sprayed... it's what I use on my stucco.
Add pictures here
✖