Painting garage floor

Recently purchased an older house. The garage floor is green, don't know how many coats. I want to paint it now.
Should I put any primer over the existing paint first.? What is a good floor paint? After painting should I put on a coiat of sealer?
Thanks, Bill
Recently purchased an older house. The garage floor is green, don't

Why paint it? It's already done! There are several paints you could use, including any good porch and deck paint, or even exterior latex house paint. Best advice is at a paint store, not a big box store, as you will want to discuss prep (probably grease on floor), sheen, oil resistance, dry time, primers, whether there are specific garage floor paints, etc etc.
Bill wrote:

Let's hope that the green floor is both a real garage floor paint and that it was done properly. If that coating is anything else you are wasting your time doing anything other than removing what is there.
Assuming it was a good garage floor paint and was properly done, you should not need any specific primer and don't even consider using one if it is not recommended by the maker of the product your are going to use. Buy a special material used for garage floors. I like the two part epoxy systems. I don't like the one part epoxy systems. Follow the instructions exactly. Don't miss even a little bit of any step. Preparation is 80% of the job.
Frankly I don't think I would try and re-paint. I am not sure that is going to work well, especially since you are not likely to know exactly what was used originally. You might want to try doing some sanding of what is there as part of the prep.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
<< Frankly I don't think I would try and re-paint. >>
Meehan's right. If you have an older house there are at least two dozen things more important than repainting a green garage floor. Let's start a list: landscaping, gutter cleaning, window repair...you get the idea. Enjoy.
Joe
Joe Bobst wrote:

Hi, Atta boy, Joe. Winter is coming and I'd prepare the house for winter first. Tony