Painting facia boards

I am getting new gutters installed over rough cut cedar facia boards. I'm painting the facia boards a Hunter Green color...they've never been painted before, only a light staining years ago. I'm wondering if I need to put on a coat of primer first and then paint the green over it, or if I can do without the primer. I'm thinking maybe the rough cut wood will give the paint enough to take a good hold.

Once the gutters get installed it'll be harder to paint underneath them so I want to make it last. I bought primer for the job, but am wondering if that's overkill or not?

Reply to
JR

Always use primer unless you want to put 10 coats of finish on it.

boards. I'm

Reply to
Art Begun