Painting exterior wood

I'm mid way thru painting the exterior trim, so far got everything scraped and primed the whole lot as the old paint was VERY old. I'm using Behr premium latex exterior grade and unless I missed it there is nothing on the can as to how many coats to use. My guess is the more the merrier at least to a point, previously I've always been told 2 coats of top coat is this still the way with water based paint?