Painting doors? ? ?

Page 2 of 2
I have the same problem with both -- the paint sticks and leaves a very ugly surface on botgh the door and the jamb.

resulting
I know the frustration!!!
Haven't painted a door for a few years, but I pick a warm, sunny day to paint, start in the morning and let the paint dry as long as possible, then tear off a length of wax paper long enough to span the door's edge, then close the door on the wax paper. You will have to tear knotches for around the hinges. I know it sounds like a waste of wax paper, but I'll gladly pay $2 or $3 more to not have the paint stick together. Look at it as a form of masking tape. Since you paint allot of doors, you could minimize waste and probably cut 5 or 6 strips from the long sheet.
THEN, re-open the door the next morning ASAP to dry some more thoughout the day.
Good luck,