Painting Cpvc?

I'm painting my basement walls and have a hot/cold CPVC drop running down the wall for the washer. Can I paint the CPVC using a latex paint? Thanks,

Reply to
Joe J

Never painted cpvc but I have painted a few pvc pipes in my time. So my opinion is yes you can.

Reply to
Colbyt

yes, just make sure they are dry when you do.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Same here. I have an outdoor structure made out of pvc. Painting enhances the life of it. I did prime it first...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

in message

I've found TruValu Acrylic Latex deck paint to be good for PVC pipe (and self-priming). Smoothest (no drag) paint I have ever used.

Reply to
Bob Villa

message

How's it holding up on decks?

My limited advice on paint is that if it is sold at HD it's crap.

Jeff (who is buying mostly Benny Moore)

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I've only used it on concrete floors. It dries very hard and adheres well if not soaked (as in flooded basement). I also use it for trim.

Reply to
Bob Villa

I'd have to agree with the HD paint assessment.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I found that the easiest way is to just use nail Polish. You don't need to prep it first

Reply to
adityamalhotra231