Painting Cpvc?

I'm painting my basement walls and have a hot/cold CPVC drop running down the wall for the washer. Can I paint the CPVC using a latex paint? Thanks,

Never painted cpvc but I have painted a few pvc pipes in my time. So my opinion is yes you can.
--
Colbyt
On 8/31/2010 3:24 PM, Colbyt wrote:

Same here. I have an outdoor structure made out of pvc. Painting enhances the life of it. I did prime it first...
Jeff

I've found TruValu Acrylic Latex deck paint to be good for PVC pipe (and self-priming). Smoothest (no drag) paint I have ever used.
On 9/1/2010 7:32 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

How's it holding up on decks?
My limited advice on paint is that if it is sold at HD it's crap.
Jeff (who is buying mostly Benny Moore)

I've only used it on concrete floors. It dries very hard and adheres well if not soaked (as in flooded basement). I also use it for trim.
On 9/1/2010 6:40 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:

I'd have to agree with the HD paint assessment.
--
Steve Barker (who uses nothing but Kilz brand paint over 400 gallons
applied.)
On 8/31/2010 11:47 AM, Joe J wrote:

yes, just make sure they are dry when you do.
--
Steve Barker