Painting cinder block with Aluminum paint

Over the years I have seen several people paint bare cinder block walls with Aluminum paint. Is there any purpose to this?. I worked with a guy in the 70s painting new homes made of cinder block. We used a paint called "dry wall". Seeing someone doing it today just made me think of it again.
Jimmie