Painting ceramic wall tile???????

I Googled the subject and found a one paint coat specially for painting ceramic wall tile. But it was UK web site, a UK product. Not practical for use in Western Pennsylvania. Is there any way to successfully paint wall tile? The tile is a kitchen back splash.
tomkanpa spake thus:

Hmm, interesting that there would be something that would work in the UK but not in the Eastern U.S. Problem with reverse magnetic polarization this side of the Atlantic?

Sure, if you don't mind the paint eventually getting scuffed, dirty (and uncleanable) and chipping off.
If the tile is really that ugly, maybe you should just think about replacing it.
--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: \'Elect me president, and I
On 15 Oct 2006 14:16:44 -0700, tomkanpa wrote:

Tub and Tile Enamel such as this:
http://www.whiteknightpaints.com.au/product/view/tub-n-tile
If the tile is clean works very well.
have friends who painted ceramic tile every one regretted it.......
chips adhesion issues doesnt clean well. its temporary at best....
know when you do it to start saving now for a bathroom remodel, long term you will hate it
Karl S wrote: If the tile is clean works very well.
____Reply Separator_____
If ordering a tile paint from the UK is out of the question, why would I consider ordering from Australia??
On 16 Oct 2006 10:45:48 -0700, tomkanpa wrote:

That's just an example I quickly found on the Internet. It's a common product that has been used for decades and is available at most paint stores.
Here is a US product: http://www.homaxproducts.com/products/kitchenbath/06/index.html
tomkanpa wrote:

with contact cement. We then installed a patterned glass, smoothe side out, over the laminate and held in with silicone caulk around the perimeter. We love it. Cheap, easy to do, easy to replace. Didn't want to tear out the old wall.
The glass was cut for us and then tempered. It doesn't get hot and is a lot easier to clean than grout. Made sure when we put it in that the entire perimeter was sealed off so moisture and grease doesn't get in.