Painting 'blown in' ceiling.

My ceiling is what I think one would call 'blown in'. It has the tiny styrofoam balls in it.
Anyway, I have painted it with Latex paint, using a 'foam rubber' type of roller and it didn't come out as well as I would like.
I there a type of roller, or brush, that would work well for this application. (Spraying is TOTALLY out of the question)
Thanks.
Lewis.
*****
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hopefully someone with some experience on this will be able to confirm this, but I would not expect the foam roller to work well. However a good quality (never buy a cheap roller or paint brush) bristle/nape type roller with medium to long nap should do fine.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Thank you.
Thats kind of what I had hoped might be the way to go. I appreciate it.
Lewis.
*****

Step one is to use an oil based primer the first time you paint it. Then you use a long nap roller
Better though, is to dampen it and scrape it off and be done with it.
You have to get the foam roller that is sliced. That's what they're made for and that's what does it best.
BTW, why is spraying out of the question?
--
Steve Barker

Well, since you mention it, it is a closet, about 25 sq/ft and I don't have a spray rig.
I don't like spraying, because I'm not good at it.
I don't want to do the masking, OR the cleaning up since, however well you mask, some overspray always seems to escape.
I'd like to buy a simple, affordable product from Home Depot tomorrow, on the way back from work, the go home and get the job done before CSI Miami comes on.
OK, so I have thought this thing through. :-)
Kind regards.
Lewis.
*****