Painting Bathroom Tiles

I caught the tail end of "Designed To Sell" last night on HGTV, and the owners had painted their pink bathroom tiles white. They said the paint was $900 to do the job, and I was wondering what kind of paint they used? The job looked great, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Hawkins

"Steve Hawkins" wrote in news:46448036$0$27102$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Perhaps Tub N Tile epoxy paint. $900 seems a bit high,though. A TNT kit to do a whole bathtub is only about $40.

why don't you go to the HGTV website and see if they list the product used?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Most likely a two part epoxy. Ventilate well if you don't want a two day headache.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Had my utility bathroom done by bathtub guys about 7 years ago. Still looks good even the shower which is used every day. True it's not as great looking as fresh tile. ,but better than '50s black and yellow.Pros etch first and spray. a lot of stink some cleanup. Still cheaper and quicker than re-doing wall board etc. Frank

Reply to
Frank

I can just imagine how pi$$ed off I would be if I bought a house and discovered that the tiles had been painted.

I'll bet a nickle that it would take no time at all until it got chipped by a dropped shampoo bottle, or a razor, then water gets under it and it starts flaking off... no thanks.

We had an old iron tub refinished several years back in our old house - never again. It's just not that durable, no matter how careful you are with it.

Kate O|||||||O

Steve

Reply to
Kate