Painting Bathroom Tile

We live in a 50-year-old house and want to redo the bathroom. No problem with the plumbing and electrical. The problem is with the original bathroom tile in the shower/bathtub. We really do not want to change the tile. Is it possible to paint over the tiles and if so what kind of paint do we use.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff
Its possible. Spray em . but its paint, Paint is paint. It wont last , or look the same
Redo is REDO, Not paint , sorry . Paint is temporary ,kinda crap ...
I don't recommend painting tiles in a shower. The paint does not last long. it peels after a while. Not to mention I find it highly unattractive. I think a better solution may be to put a liner in the tub/shower.
John