painting around door trim - inside painting

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially in tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do you remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint around the trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

Reply to
Eigenvector

"Eigenvector" wrote in news:rqadnTbILPK-i4LYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

No, that's redicarus.

Get a high quality angled 2" sash brush for latex (assume) - Purdy/Wooster. About $10. Last forever if you take care of it. You'll learn to use it and do magic eventually.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Al Bundy spake thus:

Or as Walt Kelly used to have his characters say, "redickledockle".

Hey, Al, you ever tried those Yurpeen-style paintbrushes? Someone I know has a couple: they're round affairs, like a big shaving brush, and taper to a point. Supposedly, they're just perfect for doing any kind of finish work, cutting in trim, etc.

I agree, Purdy brushes rule. I've got one I've had for more than 25 years now (bristle for oil & varhish).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

When it is in a corner, protect the wall with a length of aluminum foil or plastic taped along the edge of the door trim. Smoosh some paint onto the side of the trim with a small foam roller with the excess paint squeezed out. Continue on along the face of the trim with brush to smoothe out the excess.

Reply to
Norminn

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:451f5138$0$25777$ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

Never heard of it. If I had seen it I probably would have thought it was for that fux stuff or something else la-de-da. Anyway, since I'm in the U.S., I guess it wouldn't work here. You know, like all those chemical products that cause cancer in Calif. Glad I can safely use them in this state :-)

That's good news. My 3 are is only 16. Still got another decade on them.

Reply to
Al Bundy