painting around door trim - inside painting

When you have to paint around trim on interior doors, and especially in tight corners where the wall is all but hidden behind the trim - do you remove the trim before painting or just get in there and paint around the trim, maybe tape it off or something if its real tight?

No, that's redicarus.
Get a high quality angled 2" sash brush for latex (assume) - Purdy/Wooster. About $10. Last forever if you take care of it. You'll learn to use it and do magic eventually.
Al Bundy spake thus:

Or as Walt Kelly used to have his characters say, "redickledockle".

Hey, Al, you ever tried those Yurpeen-style paintbrushes? Someone I know has a couple: they're round affairs, like a big shaving brush, and taper to a point. Supposedly, they're just perfect for doing any kind of finish work, cutting in trim, etc.
I agree, Purdy brushes rule. I've got one I've had for more than 25 years now (bristle for oil & varhish).
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

Never heard of it. If I had seen it I probably would have thought it was for that fux stuff or something else la-de-da. Anyway, since I'm in the U.S., I guess it wouldn't work here. You know, like all those chemical products that cause cancer in Calif. Glad I can safely use them in this state :-)

That's good news. My 3 are is only 16. Still got another decade on them.
Eigenvector wrote:

or plastic taped along the edge of the door trim. Smoosh some paint onto the side of the trim with a small foam roller with the excess paint squeezed out. Continue on along the face of the trim with brush to smoothe out the excess.