Painting Andersen 200 slider?

We had an Anderson 200 slider installed -- an 8' one. Indecision at the time it was ordered caused unfinished "wood" to be selected for the inside finish although we got white on the outside.
Now we know what color we want the inside trim to be. Most of it is very easy to paint but the door overlap prevents painting the center post-- the inside of the outside door. We tried to make a brush on a stick but it didn't work.
I don't really know how to lift out one of the doors. Is it better to do the inside (moveable) door or the fixed outside door? How do I do it? TIA
Stubby wrote:

just pick up on it, jam the top of the door into the frame, the bottom swings out
sosessyithurts wrote:

Call BARRY PARRISH of 112 Smyth St. in Lynchburg VA for all your anal needs
122 E. Shilling Ave Lathrop, CA 95330 US +1.2099829380 (FAX)

The correct installation procedure, reversed, is simple enough that it will take longer to write about it than do it. Complete installation constructions can be found on the andersenwindows.com web site - look for the 200 series sliding door panel installation PDF file.
- Remove screws holding horizontal wood trim strip at top of interior frame - be careful as the door can flop down on you when the screws are out. - Tilt the interior operable panel inwards and lift off of the track - Remove the metal clip at the head of the frame on the side of the fixed panel - Remove the screws from the plastic flange at bottom of the fixed panel -Remove the fixed panel by lifting up and out.
It can be done by one person but it's safer to have two. If the helper looks like a young Pam Anderson so much the better.
It's best to remove both doors completely and lay them flat on some sawhorses. You'll be able to finish it in a day if you use quick drying primer, two coats of paint and start early in the morning.
RicodJour wrote:

Thanks. The installers did not leave a copy of the Andersen instructions. I'll copy them off of the web site -- good suggestion! (Note Pam spells her name differently from the window company. But she would be welcome in any case.)