painting an outside table

my in-laws gave us a huge picnic table. The structure is sound, but it needs painted. What type of paint should I use that would hold up to the weather AND my kids? Thanks,

Reply to
Knit Chic

Any kind will do, but preferably one with a high lead content.

Reply to
Dan C

Since it will (probably) sit outside in the weather, treat it just as you would a deck and use products touted for decks. The exception would be Thompson's waterseal, not known for it's usefulness or longevity. If there are structural wood parts in contact with the ground which are not already treated, give those members a coat of Cuprinol to discourage the bugs and rot. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Cabots Decking stain. Comes in several colors. It won't peel.

Reply to
Phisherman

Over the years, I've used Latex Porch and Floor paint with good results.

Reply to
NickySantoro