painting aluminum awning

Hello all, I just bought a used aluminum awning for above my side entrance door. It is beige and I'd like to paint it white. Should I sand it, prime it and then paint it? What type of paint should I use. I think the beige is a latex. thanks

<< Should I sand it, prime it and then paint it? >>
Just paint it with any white Krylon or similar that you like. The weathered finish on there now will likely be an adequate substrate.. E\njoy.
Joe