painting aluminum awning

Hello all, I just bought a used aluminum awning for above my side entrance door. It is beige and I'd like to paint it white. Should I sand it, prime it and then paint it? What type of paint should I use. I think the beige is a latex. thanks

Reply to
not Steve Buscemi

Just paint it with any white Krylon or similar that you like. The weathered finish on there now will likely be an adequate substrate.. E\njoy.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst