Painting a clear glass shower door

My house comes with a clear glass shower door. However I'd like to give it a warmer look by making its color a turquoise or marine blue. Any suggestions on how to best paint a vertical glass shower door like this one? Or are there glass films available that would produce the same effect, with more uniformity? Thanks
Try Jurgen Industries - http://www.jurgenindustries.com /
They sell both water and lacquer based glass paints...
Rick

On 12 Aug 2003, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jean-Pierre Abello) wrote:

At work they put a film over the windows to cut down on the sun glare. Not very noticeable, but would give you a warmer look in the bathroom.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
Don Wiss wrote:

I've heard of people having glass sand blasted to make designs and to make it opaque.
Don Wiss wrote:

That is one thing I would not paint, unless perhaps the outside surface of the glass. If I wanted color, I'd consider colored glass or plexiglass. There are lots of film materials, not necessarily intended for shower doors, that might be suitable. I discovered 3M has a gazillion kinds of sticky films whilst I was looking for something else. Might be something intended for window signs that would work. Or, possible, artist acrylics with a translucent or transparent medium, on super clean/degreased glass.

He doesn't want to make the door opaque, but translucent. A lot of showers don't have lights. With an opaque door they'd be showering in the dark.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.