Painting A/C Unit

I want to paint my outdoor a/c unit to blend in with the home better. Is there any problems with this as long as I don't allow paint to get on the tube, fan or motor?
Mike Watch for the bounce. If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it. If ya see it, it didn't go off. Old Air Force Munitions Saying
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:25:42 -0600, asmurff wrote:

As long as you just paint the metal panels and keep it out of the inside and off the condensing coil (and just be sensible otherwise) there should be no problem. Make sure the mains power is disconnected.
Meat Plow wrote:

Meat Plow is right but also some times your HVAC tech. can get the right color of paint that the unit was first painted like.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
on 9/20/2007 4:28 PM Moe Jones said the following:

Re-read the OP's first sentence.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:41:16 -0400, willshak wrote:

I painted min camo, can't even see it now.

Don't paint over the information plate, mod# ser# amps. etc.

Go for it.
I wire brushed, sanded and painted two of them before selling houses. They even looked like they ran better :-) Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer then painted. Both spray.
Also, please don't paint the fins that release the heat. Please don't paint the information plate with the make and model and all.
Come to think of it, check with your HVAC guy and see what parts to paint, and what not.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:07:41 -0500, Steve Barker LT wrote:

Lol, college logo.
Ya, when my installer offered it at no extra charge, i said "ummm NO".

on 9/21/2007 5:58 PM Meat Plow said the following:

What good is hidden on the side or back of the house? Now, you have to move the unit to be prominently displayed in the front of the house, maybe at the street end of the driveway. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:48:07 -0400, willshak wrote:

My girlfriend's boss would have Ohio State on his. I swear he would paint his house school colors if his wife would let him.