Painting a Brodade? Ceiling

Hi,

I need to repaint a ceiling that has a texture which _may_ be called a brocade (not sure). The texture is swirled on like stucco or icing with some flat areas and lots of crevices, some of which are beveled inward making it hard to paint without filling in the cracks and smoothing the texture too much. I switched to a slightly thinner paint which seemed to help when I painted the edge with a brush, but the roller still fills in a lot. One paint store employee thought a high nap (3/4" pile) roller might work and another suggested a cross-cut foam roller. Before I ruin any more area experimenting, has anyone found a good solution for this?

Thanks, Dean

Reply to
Dean

A lot of tedious work with a paint brush or spray it. Spraying it means a lot of tedious prep work.

Reply to
Jimmy