Painted concrete floors?

I'm house shopping and a house I looked at today had painted concrete floors - I had never seen it before - this floor had lots of remaining small holes where the tack strips were nailed to the floor - seems like they should have been filled in or something - did they just do a sloppy job, or is this the way it is? Thanks, experts!

Reply to
No-Name

Yea, it sounds like the carpet was bad so they took it up and did not want to pay the price of replacing it so they took the cheapest route possible. Add the cost of new flooring to the cost of the house before considering it. They did not do a good job and the paint will likely start flaking off the week you move in.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I agree - if they didn't want the cost of replacing the carpet, and they didn't bother filling the tack holes, then obviously it was a quicky, cheap job. You don't use high quality paint or prepare the surface correctly when doing a quicky, cheap job. Tell them what you think about that with your wallet, when you deduct it from your offer.

Reply to
jeffc