Painted Cabinet Pulls

I am having my old kitchen cabinets spray painted and am searching for pulls. If I buy plain wood pulls and have them spray painted, would they hold up? Thanks a lot. Pat
On 15 Aug 2003 14:15:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patscga) wrote:

    Possibly. Probably not.
    It depends on what you have them painted with and how good a job the painter does.
    If I had to do this, I would use highest-quality enamel intended and specially formulated for hard use. I would sand and prime carefully. I would apply at least three coats of paint. I would let the pulls dry a month (or twice whatever time the paint manufacturer recommends) before installing them to allow the paint to harden.
    If you use regular paint and install right away, the paint will probably be wearing off before a year is out if the kitchen gets high use.
        Good luck.
                Peter

Probably not. I would buy finished pulls.
Function of finished used. I've stained/finished pulls many times and no degradation noted.
On 15 Aug 2003 14:15:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Patscga) wrote:

Buy some ceramic pulls. Big selection out there and will last forever. Painted pulls will be real shabby in short order. Seamus J. Wilson