paintbrush in freezer??? with oil paint???

I've successfully preserved a wet brush with latex/acrylic paint many times by placing it in the refrigerator for breaks or between coats. I've heard from others that this should only be done in the freezer though my experience otherwise. Seems a waste of time waiting for it to thaw. I've used the fridge method sometimes for more than 24 hours without any harm to the brush. And I use GOOD brushes that I'd rather clean than replace. On the same note: can this be done with oil/alkyd based paint? My guess would be no since low temperatures tend to make oils coagulate. any tips on this? Thanks!

I just use an airtight ziploc bag at room temperature.

I've been going a couple days just by dipping the brush in and wiping to get a good amount of paint on it (not dripping) and then wrapping it tightly in Saran Wrap.
Steve.

Use the microwave.