paint to use for painting house number on cement curb?

I've printed out a stencil with our house number to use when painting on the cement curb in front of our house.
Which type of paint is best for a newbie with tremoring hands to apply paint, a spray-paint or a brush paint?
Also, is there brand of paint that is best for this type of use?
All replies, advice, suggestions, etc. welcomed!
Aaron
Add pictures here
✖

You need to re-paint every few years. In my area its like every 3-5 years and before the paint is gone. Not sure why it goes so fast, either the sun beats the crap out of it or car tires rub it out. I would just epoxy brass numbers to the concrete curb and be done with it if the city allows.
Add pictures here
✖
Greetings,
If you MUST paint the numbers:
1) print out large numbers with your printer 2) spray adhesive the paper 3) stick the paper to a piece of wood (3/4" thick -- depending on number size) 4) cut your numbers with a jigsaw (slanted inwards so they are smaller on bottom) 5) walk out to the curb and knock a chunk out with a sledgehammer 6) mix up a bucket of stiff concrete 7) reform the curb with the thick numbers embedded 8) once the concrete begins to harden pull out the numbers 9) fill the recesses with coloured mortar
Hope this helps, William
PS: If it were me I would spray a stencil with whatever spray paint I just had around anyway. File the stencil. If the paint comes off after a year simply spray it again. If the paint comes off after a month scrape it with a wire brush and try a garage floor paint.
Add pictures here
✖

Why not just use a router with a concrete cutting bit to draw the numbers on the concrete then fill the numbers with jello pudding.
Nevermind. I am filling stupid today.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon 22 Aug 2005 09:26:58p, wrote in alt.home.repair:

For best results, you should use a concrete paint; however, I don't think they're available in spray cans. If you're using a stencil, even a shakey hand can get good results. Don't overload the brust, and apply several lighter coats.
--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
✖
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

They used green paint with black letters on mine.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

The paint you use is the second issue and the lesser of the two. The first is the prep of the concrete. Start by really cleaning the curb then use some muriatic acid to finish the cleaning. As for the paint the best would be an epoxy garage floor paint. I don't think you can get less than a couple of gallons of that at a time. You will be stuck with something else. See what you can find in an exterior floor paint.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
✖
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/paint-to-use-for-painting-house-number-on-cement-curb-24651-.htm safestreetsolutions wrote: hi aaron my name is kaale i own a company that paints the #s down sorry where only in wa near tacoma seattle area but hears how its done 1.scrap clean with a wire brush blow or sweep 2. tape a box 2ich bigger than your 4 inch#s <law\ on each side we also sometimes will paint the top and side of curb for fire trucks to see them faster 3. paint white "super stripper paint" or any dot street paint "hard to find" if you want it to shine add glass beads now to make it reflect-of tape your #s while the paint drys 4. tape your#s in place over box you may need to border your #s 2 times to stop the over spray clean and your done....... this should last at least 10years that's are standard or just use cheap stripping paint from your local hard ware store and do it every couple months or so i have a web site if you would like to take a look the address is safestreetsolutions.webs.com you may have to type it in to your url some time google cant find it
so to recap your answer use the best d.o.t approved spray paint and glass beads white backing black 4inch#s<law<< OR JUST GIT SOME CHEAP STRIPING PAINT
hope this help : sincerely yours kaale:ceo

--
| Delivered via http://www.homeownershub.com |
On May 6, 9:28 am, safestreetsolutions_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (safestreetsolutions) wrote:

If you knew this question was asked 5 years ago would you have posted, and you forgot cleaning of the concrete
Add pictures here
✖