Paint sprayer


Thinking about getting a paint sprayer this spring,have 2 homes to paint,lowes has Titans for 500.00 with 50 ft spray hose,are these any good? Also valspar lifetime warranty paint,35 a gallon,is this good paint?One more thing should i rough up the paint or sand a little before applying this paint,any advice,thanks dan.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Any suggestion on a reliable reasonably priced sprayer for outdoor use? Thanks Jim
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jim Mac wrote:

Rustolum can, $3.59.
Making a suggestion is kind of difficult without know what you want to use it on, what kind of material you will be applying how often you will use it etc.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Go to Sherwin Williams they sell a complete line and service them. All from the 3.59 Rustoleum cans to Titan and Graco pro units. You will get good advise, and prices for your type of use.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dan wrote:

I think paint is a good thing to evolve out of using. I don't paint, can't stand it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Van Chocstraw wrote:

I bought some green vinyl shutters for my last house one time. I was standing in line at the checkout and a woman in front of me ask if I was going to paint them.?? Why in hell would I get green vinyl shutters to paint them? I said, no lady, they come in various colors. Some people are paint crazy.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Jan 12, 7:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dan) wrote:

Titan is real good commercial equipment mine has about 400 gallons throught it and 0 repairs. But to spray is another question as any breeze will paint anything nearby, if other houses are close by, or cars in some areas waiting for no wind is a waste of time.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
(Dan) wrote:

Titan is real good commercial equipment mine has about 400 gallons throught it and 0 repairs. But to spray is another question as any breeze will paint anything nearby, if other houses are close by, or cars in some areas waiting for no wind is a waste of time.
I agree completely..There is so much to cover like bushes , flowers , concrete , bricks , asphalt , ect. , ect.....So much to mask off ... Then you have to worry about getting paint on somebodies car or even YOUR own car and neighboring houses that it's just not worth it...One mistake and it could cost you THOUSANDS....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I was staining with exterior oil, there was no wind really but MY car got coated and it was 50 ft away, luckily I had alot of hand cleaner and caught it before it dried, I used to paint houses, but with close construction I really never could use the sprayer, its great for stucco, but getting the right day and having a crew ready to tape it off and get no wind was always a crap shoot.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I use a airless sprayer, and can't imagine painting the outside of the house without it. I live on 5 acres, with ample distance for paint to settle between me and my neighbors, but I have sprayed a window or 2 & spent a little time razor-bladeing the back window of my car, it scrubbed right off the paint, but stuck hard to the window. I do now wait for the calm days, but I can do more in a day than I could with a brush in a week. + you don't have to scaffold to some of the hard to reach places, you can spray further than you can reach. I was told before I bought it that the overspray would dry before it touched the ground, that is less than true. Still I don't mask or cover much, I have huge paddles to block the spray, but if a hedge gets painted, it so be it, it will grow out and get trimmed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
(Dan) wrote:

I use a airless sprayer, and can't imagine painting the outside of the house without it. I live on 5 acres, with ample distance for paint to settle between me and my neighbors, but I have sprayed a window or 2 & spent a little time razor-bladeing the back window of my car, it scrubbed right off the paint, but stuck hard to the window. I do now wait for the calm days, but I can do more in a day than I could with a brush in a week. + you don't have to scaffold to some of the hard to reach places, you can spray further than you can reach. I was told before I bought it that the overspray would dry before it touched the ground, that is less than true. Still I don't mask or cover much, I have huge paddles to block the spray, but if a hedge gets painted, it so be it, it will grow out and get trimmed.
You're an idiot..No staging or masking off ??.What do you do spray EVERYTHING one color ??? And how many times have you spray painted your house anyways ??? Maybe you should do it right once and it will last 10 years...The time gained by spraying is lost on prep...Well atleast for those that do it right....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

In fact I do spray everything one color, white, the house has no brick trim and not that many challenges. So far only painted once, and not all that many miss steps. perhaps you are sloppy and need to protect yourself from your mistakes. BTW the paddles make it a breeze. You need several, I have 4, so they can dry between uses. Just hold it along the edge of the item which needs protecting & spray with one hand and move the paddle with the other. that leaves a nice edge, I do keep a small brush in my pocket or near by to clean any edge I'm not satisfied with. I maintain a large frame house clad in Hardiboard & several out buildings here on the farm. From waht I can tell, I get less paint on the trim (like drip edge) than previous painters, the house was built in the 50's.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
(Dan) wrote:

In fact I do spray everything one color, white, the house has no brick trim and not that many challenges. So far only painted once, and not all that many miss steps. perhaps you are sloppy and need to protect yourself from your mistakes. BTW the paddles make it a breeze. You need several, I have 4, so they can dry between uses. Just hold it along the edge of the item which needs protecting & spray with one hand and move the paddle with the other. that leaves a nice edge, I do keep a small brush in my pocket or near by to clean any edge I'm not satisfied with. I maintain a large frame house clad in Hardiboard & several out buildings here on the farm. From waht I can tell, I get less paint on the trim (like drip edge) than previous painters, the house was built in the 50's.
So you're trying to tell us you sprayed your whole house and got no paint on the roof , windows , doors , hardware , walkways or driveway without masking off or covering anything using your paddles ??? BULLSHIT....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

How many tips do you have? 1? a #50? people do furniture with spray rigs, & providing the pressure and tip is right, you can nearly air brush.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Furniture sprayers are different, Airless for houses get alot of mist from the high pressure since a good unit can output many gallons an hour.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The main difference is the tip, generally a #17 or less for furniture. The pressure on mine is adjustable, with a pretty good range.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

All sprayers have adjustable pressure, but wind is wind and doing a house paint drifts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why would you do it on a windy day?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Jan 12, 7:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dan) wrote:

I would deal with Sherwin Williams, they sell Titan, great paint, and will teach you what to do, if its gloss oil now you cant just do latex without alot of work.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.