Paint splatters on a timber floor

After an ill-fated attempt to paint some doors with grossly insufficient amounts of drops sheets, I've got lots of little water-based paint splatters all over my unathane coated timber floors.

Is there any easier way to scape it off than with a little knife and about eighteen hours on my hands and knees?

Reply to
Co.l Mustard

If oil base urethane use Alcohol to soften it, wet a towel and leave it for an hour, If acrilic, dont use alcohol, try your fingernail.

Reply to
m Ransley

Formula 409 works great in taking off even dried acryllic paint; proved when we helped a neighbor with disastrous overspray. Test in inconspicuous spot first. Plastic scrubber probably helpful.

Reply to
Norminn

Use Methol Hydrate. Apply to a cotton rag and wipe on splatter or overspray untill gone. I've been painting for 25 years and always keep a bottle of it in my kit bag. Works on both acrylic and Alkyd paints. You can buy it by the gallon at most hardware stores... and if your in a colder climate put 2 ounces of it in your full gas tank when the weather gets below zero instead of buying those little bottles of gasline antifreeze.

Cheers

Reply to
Cobra-WoW-

Methol hydrate is alcohol, the Hydrate part is I guess your brand is watered. Alcohol on a New Acrylic floor, Well Latex paint is Acrylic you can figure the rest out.

Reply to
m Ransley