paint splatters

I painted the shutters on my house this past week, however, I did them while still attached to the house. We have aluminum siding, I taped the around and behind the shutters as best I could. I haven't removed the tape yet, but am assuming there will be a paint splatter here or there on the aluminum siding in spots. Anyone have any recommendations on removing the splatters without damaging the siding?
Thanks,
Scott

Goof-Off is reputed to work for this, and it will probably remove the tape residue from the siding as well -- but next time, take the shutters down to paint them. You'll find that it's a LOT less trouble than applying (and removing!) tape and masking, and cleaning up splatters. Most painting "short cuts" aren't.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Oops! works well for removing dried latex paint. I've used it several places and it removed latex that had been on vinyl window frames for 1-2 years, but it took some work. works very quick on on fresh paint, i.e., only a week or so old. (Oops! is sold at Lowes).
Cheers!
Scot wrote:

Tape should come off while paint is wet if it is in contact with the paint film. Spatters of latex paint come off with Formula 409 and hot water. Oil paint = mineral spirits.

while
aluminum
splatters
Hope you used blue tape - even so, masking tape + hot aluminum siding + time = damn near impossible to get off. Goof Off and Oops and Denatured Alcohol all work to remove dried latex, but they may also dull the finish on the siding if rubbed to zealously.
Thank you all for your suggestions.
In answer to a few:
- Yes, used the blue tape. - Definately wanted to take the shutters off. Unfortunately, this was one of my wife's projects, she didn't want to remove them - and you know who ended up doing most of the work in the end :-)