Paint removal from Concrete ?

I used a wire brush angle grinder attachment.

Reply to
scott_z500

We have had various disasters in our condo, which has an atrium with concrete decks. Some paint spills were not touched by either water based or solvent based paint remover. Some drips, which had not beem smeared, lifted off nicely with water based stripper. When a neighbor stained wood furniture sans dropcloth, there were big blobs of dark brown stain, which I camouflaged with acrylic craft paint. I put it on using three colors, very light appl., using a stencil brush. We had also pressure washed the areas a while before, in prep for putting on a sealer to prevent water penetration on second floor, and the pw did not seem to touch the paint or greasy stains, nor did muriatic acid.

Reply to
Norminn

Jabsco (?) Paint Remover...It's a gel, but would be very labor intensive...be sure to wear gloves...

Reply to
the Truth Squad

Hello:

Have a house that has a fair amount of paint splatter on to the concrete (the vertical part) of the foundation that the house "sits on".

Guess one of the previous owners was really sloppy when he painted.

Have no idea if it is latex or oil paint.

a. Was wondering if there is a product that you folks who are experts on this type of problem might recommend that I should try to remove it ?

Guess one of the other requirements is that, assuming it's possible, the removal product wouldn't hopefully stain or discolor the concrete.

b. Would a pressure washer be worth trying, or do the concrete pores grip the paint so strongly that this would likely be worthless ?

If worth trying, would I load up the washer with water, or try the product, or a different one, that might be recommended in (a) ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

I'll let others handle the other questions, but it's a bad idea to use any additives with the water supply to the washer. Most washer makers advise against doing so because of possible damage to the pump.

Reply to
PhotoMan

Brush on a heavy coat of gel-type paint stripper, let sit 30 minutes, follow up with pressure washer. Repeat if necessary.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Try a 3000psi pressure washer first. Use the fan tip and take your time to avoid pitting the concrete. If that fails, use a long-dwell stripper for masonry, like Peel-Away. They make one for stone and brick. Then use the pressure washer again. It may take multiple applications but it'll work.

Steve Manes Brooklyn, NY

Steve Manes