Paint questions

I'm going to be having the exterior of my house painted. In looking at Ben Moore's paint lines, I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.
I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money. Has anyone had any experience using Super Spec as opposed to Moorgard or vice versa?
Thanks, Dee

I've used Moorgard with very good results. Never used the cheaper stuff. While it does cost $250 more initially, if you get another couple of years out of it, I'd say it is money well spent.
wrote in message ..

Good point. I've always found that paint is one of those things where you get what you pay for.
KB
Dee wrote:

Yes. Moorgard is the best. My folks home in Florida was painted with it when it was built in '84. Repainted in 93, even though it did not need it. Looked like new. No mold, peeling, etc. Of course, the painter did a good job, too, and a bad painter or prep can ruin the job. I have always used Moore interior paints; they last forever.
Dee wrote:

Generally contractor paint is poor quality. Designed to go on fast, cover well but with little regard to durability or other factors.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math