paint question

Got a device that has lots of corners, differences in materials, etc. If I masked it for painting, would be masking forever.

I'd like to refresh the smooth metal parts.

Are there automotive paints like Imron, Acrylic, etc that will brush on OK? The shiny gloss would be good to have.

If worst comes to worst, I can use water based latex outdoor gloss. Would like a higher gloss.

Reply to
rb

Use a quality oil house paint not latex

Reply to
ransley

On 5/13/2008 11:37 PM rb spake thus:

From my experience, the only paints that can be brushed on successfully (that is, resulting in a smooth, glossy finish) are oil-based paints. Lacquers are a bitch to brush since they dry so quickly, and water-based paints like acrylic *always* leave brush marks. (Unless you're talking about acrylic lacquer, in which case the former comments apply.)

A good slow-drying oil-based paint (enamel) with good surface prep might work well in this case.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl