Paint Pumps

I posted this before but didn't get a "serious" response.
Anyway, the "new thing" in spray painting seems to be airless high pressure painting using a positive displacement (piston) pump. The equipment can be had for from $100 (Big Lots) to $500 or so depending upon quality, pressure, capacity ...
Anyone here actually use it? Any "war stories?" Is it "worth" the price and the trouble or what?
EMWTK

"new thing" where have you been, airless is old stuff. 100$ will get you a headache pump. I have a small Titan with about 400 gallons through it with no issues, maybe a 900$ pump. If paint is your business then a sprayer is a tool.

New construction and some exterior, I doubt there's anything better.
If you don't know what you're doing though, you can and very likely will end up with a: crappy job, and /or a mess (in a hurry, too), and/ or longer or harder work.
A consumer airless unit is probably best for consumers, I think. Slow, but tough to get in trouble with. -----
- gpsman
New???? They have been around for over 40 years. I finished painting my house yesterday with one. They work great that's why professionals use them. Mine was a bargain at $800.00. Bad prep = bad paint job.
cm