paint problem

I just finished a painting project on some old plaster that was patched and restored. It turned out fine. However, there are a few areas that look like they could have been sanded a little better. The areas look rough, and if the light hits it right, it really sticks out. I did two coats. Is there a way to hide the coarse texture? Or, is that just the way it will look no matter how many coats goes on? I was thinking of slapping some paint with a brush and work it in, and then back roll it with a dry roller. The lady of the house says she can live with it.. it is just that one area is at eye level with I go up and down the steps and it sort of bothers me..
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:17:18 -0700 (PDT), Chris

Howdy,
I would let it dry completely, then sand the area down to the plaster, and repaint.
All the best,
--
Kenneth

About 10 or 15 coats will do it. Or just take the time to sand it smooth and put two coats over it.
Chris wrote:

Do you really need to know anything more than this?
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

The man is a perfectionist and just as I take pride in the work I do, so does he. If I only installed 95% of the screws back when working on a car, well you know the rest.
speaking about that-- there was a little area of a corner that I missed with the second coat, and I can see it from the bottom of the stairs.. damn.. gotta get out the extention ladder again!
On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:17:18 -0700 (PDT), Chris

It may need spackling. A nice painter's trick is to hold a lamp/work light against the wall and view at a low angle. An excellent paint job starts with a lot of preparation and re-inspections. A gloss paint needs more fuss.

Hang a picture over it. <g>
<Hang a picture over it. <g> >
actually, that's what I am going to do! I did slap some paint onto an area and dryrolled it and it looks alot better.. thanks all..