Paint & primer

Behr has a product that they call "Premium Plus Ultra", which is a paint & primer combination. Has anyone had any experience with a combination product like that? It runs a couple of bucks higher than regular paint, but is a good deal if you have to buy a can of primer anyway. Well, a "good deal" only if it really works which is why I'm asking.
KC

Nope never tried it...Proper prep work and primer are the most important part in how long a paint job lasts so why chance it. If color is important get the primer tinted to help cover in fewer coats , especially if it's a dark color you're using....Don't fix what ain't broke...Good luck.....

Im sure it still requires-states, 2 coats, so it costs more.

Yep, you're right. I took my magnifying glass and read the extremely fine print. It says apply one coat to act as a primer, followed by another coat as a top coat. Another "gotcha" for the unsuspecting public.
KC

very different reasons. I suspect that since Behr largely sold into a homeowner market at HD, this is more of a marketing ploy than anything else. FWIW YMMV

Followup: I bought a quart just to try it. Only time will tell about it's durability. But let me say that it has a very disagreeable smell that doesn't seem to go away. I painted 4 shutters, let them dry outdoors, then stored them in the garage till I get around to putting them up. That was 3 days ago and the garage still still has a very stinky paint smell - much different from normal paint. I won't be using it again. KC

So, is that oil base or latex?
What is "normal" paint? Is it flat or semi-gloss?
On Oct 30, 9:25am, LQQK_N0 snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Paddy Waggin) wrote:

Latex. And the subject of the sentence was "smell", therefore flat or semigloss is irrevelant. But just for the record, it was satin.