Paint prices ?????

WTF is going on with the price of paint? I realize it had been a while since I last bought paint but when I went to my Sherwin Williams dealer this weekend I got sticker shock. ~$40 for Luxon primer and ~$30 for SuperPaint interior latex. and both were on sale. Am I missing something. Maybe the big box stores paint isn't all that bad after all. Doug
Just paid $75 for 5 gallons of flat white latex at Dunn-Edwards. And no, the "big box" stores' paint _is_ that bad. Tom

It is not just paint. IMO, we are headed for a lot of inflation in the next year or so as prices increase due to the price of oil. Latex paint has oil derivatives as part of its ingredients. The price of steel and plastic for cans had jumped a lot in the past year. Transporting the paint from factory to dealer has gone up about 27% based on current fuel surcharges on the bills.
I've been in a specific part of the plastic molding industry for 35 years. For the first time, we, as an industry, will be adding surcharges due to the price of natural gas (used to make steam) this coming winter. This is in addition to the cost of raw material doubling in the past 18 months. Polyethylene bags that I used to buy for 52 are now 75 (minimum order 7200). Plastic pallet wrap went from $29 a roll to $52. The list just gets longer every day.
A landscaper friend just told be the 6 inch black hose used in waterproofing projects just doubled in price.
wrote in message

pergurd wrote:

Keep in mind that those are 2005 dollars - each worth about a dime thanks to the government.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico