Paint over tung oil??

I put tung oil on a wood table and don't like the way it looks. Can I paint over it with latex paint? Or perhaps use a stain over the tung oil to try to achieve a better color? Thanks.
If the color you want is darker than what's there now there are gel stains that can be used for that. If the table is used very much it probably should have a clear topcoat for protection. If you use latex put a barrier coat of dewaxed shellac on first, Zinsser Seal Coat is ready mixed dewaxed with 3 year shelf life.
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 06:15:17 GMT, "J. Cameron Davis"

Ooo, this makes me cringe. I can't stand paint over good wood (or maybe it's not so good?)
Is it pure tung oil, or similar to Minwax "Tung Oil Finish"??? If it's pure tung oil, did you add a dryer to it to make it harder quicker?
The Tung Oil Finish is just a wiping varnish and will actually dry to a film.
So I guess to answer your question, it depends. Either way I'd resand.