Paint or stain?

We are going to be getting new exterior doors to replace our 35 year old doors. The original doors were wood and were stained on the interior and exterior to match the trim on the inside of the house.
The new doors will be fiberglass and we are planning on staining the interior to match the trim on the inside of the house but we want to paint the exterior.
My question is what should I do with the edges? Do I paint them or do I stain them? Is there a "correct" way or is it a personal preference?
Thanks, G.S.
Gordon Shumway wrote:

edges the same as the interior, just to make sure no little errors will be visible on the inside with the door shut.
Gordon Shumway wrote:

Always stain, never paint.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:33:43 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Since an exterior door swings inward, the rule of thumb is to paint the outside and the hinge edge the same. The inside and the latch edge are normally painted/stained to match interior decor.