Paint or acrylic for a stove/sink backsplash?

Before I put in the new counter, I want a white backsplash for behind my sink and stove and next to the stove.

Paint or acrylic sheeting??

If paint, semi-gloss, gloss?? latex, oil-based, enamel??

If acrylic, one 4x8' sheet would be enough to do everything.

I found a scrap of great material, but apparently it is from a bathtub surround. It seems a waste of everyone's time for me to buy a surround, cut out the flat partss, and have no use for the rest.

Do they sell 4x8 acrylic sheets anywhere?? It's not at the big box stores.

I can buy a bathtub surround for as little as 49 dollars, and use 3 of the 5 pieces, but it's very thin. Maybe 1/24th of an inch. The piece of acrylic that I liked is 1/8th inch thick. Can I find that anywhere??

Or should I glue the acrylic to 1/8 inch plywood, where the edges won't show, and glue it to the wall where the edge would show??

Thanks a lot.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman