Paint options

Not necessarilly. Often the cost of the advertizing program excedes the cost of the product. The store brands do not have tha national advertizing expense, so can be sold at a considerable discount.

Reply to
clare

Well, actually, on Sears' products the manufacturer is in the product code.

Again at the time, the manufacturer was also in the product code at W-M, too (and I'm sure it still is, altho it isn't bandied about that much). The difficulty isn't so much finding out at any one point in time, the problem is, just like you're having w/ whichever manufacturer it is that you started out this thread with that they can change suppliers after a period of time just as the manufacturer can change their product line either to meet external mandates such as EPA VOC limits or changing consumer trends or competition. This doesn't happen on an every day basis, however, they have longer term marketing agreements in place as the volumes they need and that they carry the same products in all stores at the same times means there's no way they can just buy "spot-market" kinds of infill product.

On the paint, I noticed after a year or so when wanted some touch up to match interior after we installed the new HVAC system that Glidden had completely revamped their color scheme/charts naming systems and tint bases. I suspect that was in response to some of the others also doing similar as I then happened to notice that the same thing had happened at the other locations in town.

Reply to
dpb