Paint (oil and latex)removal from body of electric drill

I have an old but in excellent condition Black and Decker power drill that has a metal body(stainless steel?). There are lots of paint stains on the body and chuck that I would like to remove (hopefully without damaging the finish of the drill body).
Any suggestions for removal of oil base and/or latex paint. Most of the paint stains have been on the drill body for many years.
Thank you!
Bob
The casing is likely cast aluminum, although I could be wrong.
As far as the paint stains go, think of them as a "patina" that gives the drill "character".

I personally wouldn't care about some paint on a drill either, but since it's a metal body drill he should be able to get them off with a product like "Goof Off", ( any hardware or paint store will have it,) which takes paint off just about anything, or even just plain old heavy duty paint stripper. If it was plastic this might not be the best idea, most plastics won't survive the solvents in those strippers. http://www.valsparglobal.com/val/resident/goof-off.jsp
--
Mikey S.
"Doug Brown" < snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net> wrote in message
Bob wrote:

It's cast aluminum. __________

Finish? What finish? It's bare metal except for the slopped on paint spots. ____________

Heard of paint remover? Or just scrape them off. Use fairly coarse steel wool and follow up with #000 or #000 if you want a nice satiny surface.
--

dadiOH

Spilled some paint on a borrowed drill, didn't you?