Paint Garage Door

I have a steel or aluminum garage door that is about 3 years old. The paint on it is beginning to dust off. That is, if you run your fingers over it, you get a layer of dust on your fingers. And the color of the paint looks faded and uneven. But the paint is not flaking off or anything like that.
I like to repaint the door. If I use TSP and wash it with water and then dry it off, do I need to apply primer?
Should I use semi-gloss paint? Any specific paint type to use? The garage door is in very good shape.
Thanks
Wash it and use a good grade of latex acrylic housepaint, semigloss.

On 2 Sep 2003 12:15:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dennis C) wrote:

It is better to use a primer.

Semi-gloss will work. Use the same brand primer. I like to paint the garage door a neutral color, and the front door an accent color. Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams exterior paint. Drop cloths are worth having.