Paint Blistering - Bathroom

Page 2 of 2

You have to leave the door open while the fan is on or it won't do much good. Needs to be able to draw dry air into the bathroom.
When my paint does this, I find that a little blistex does the trick very nicely. One important thing though - DO NOT pop the blisters. They could become infected.
Alan wrote:

It sounds like the blisters are all the way down to the substrate (wall)... is that right? If so, they are forming because of moisture entering from behind the wall surface. Strip the paint down to the wall surface and prime with a vapor retarding primer such as Kelly Moore's Vapor Shield:
http://www.kellymoore.com/admin/file_handler/635cac1606f34e8fcfad33e773a65759/1092842822/95-500TDS.pdf