Paint appropriate for heating radiators

Hi,

Is this paint:

appropriate for painting a radiator? We have hot water heating.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

Is this just for the housing of a baseboard hot water radiator (not steam)? If so, you could use latex paint. I have painted mine over the years and never had a problem. They don't get that hot. I have even painted the a small section of the hot water pipes (don't know if it was a good idea but hasn't been a problem) which heat up to 180 degrees with latex. If it's steam heat, then that is a different question.

Reply to
noname87

Probably, they don't get that hot. That said if you have the opportunity to do so the radiators would probably work best if stripped bare before painting, so there's only a thin layer of paint between the cast iron and the air.

nate

Reply to
N8N