P3 chemical free water conditioner

I am assuming this product doesn't work and is a scam. Can anyone relate their experience or knowledge about it? http://tinyurl.com/6v2m5 or http://tinyurl.com/7yoyy
Thanks

--------------------- Using magnets to remove salts (Calcium, etc...) from water is a scam that doesn't seem to want to die, even through it's been proved to be bunk by various water districts and consumer reports.
If this worked why why why would anyone spend $500+ on good watersoftner, salt, plumbing, instead of buying $27/softner????
Why do you think you can not buy one from Lowes, Homedepot, ACE????

If this worked why why why would anyone spend $500+ on good watersoftner, salt, plumbing, instead of buying $27/softner????
Why do you think you can not buy one from Lowes, Homedepot, ACE???? -----------------------------------
Mike, I didn't say one couldn't be bought from the above named stores. And I didn't ask for retorical questions in response....just a legitimate answer like Abe gave me. (thanks Abe)