P-trap slip joint still leaking

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

leaks like these are why i use bathtub silicone sealer on the joints, its cheap, easily removable in the future, and ends all leaks.

clean and dry all connections totally, let parts sit to dry or use a hairdryer or heat gun so no moisture remains!

Then butter up the pieces and assemble, let dry a hour or so and dont overtighten fittings which are really cheap junk quality to begin with, and can distort if over tightened.

end of leaks forever:)

Reply to
bob haller

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Ive had same problems with the hard plastic even on PVC to PVC, same fix.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

When I had the same problem, I used a metal nut instead of the plastic one, along with the rubber washer instead of the plastic one, and it stopped leaking.

If I ever get rich enough to build a house, I'm gonna run the drains through the floor, instead of the wall. In my experience, that hard-90 right inside the wall is where the hairballs and soap gunk love to hold on for dear life. When the binary drain cleaners won't clear a slow or clogged bathroom drain, running a 12" bottle brush into the hole on wall, as far as it will reach around the corner, almost always clears things right up.

Reply to
aemeijers

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

the silicone caulk has never caused a problem, I just use enough to seal small openings not big gobs.

besides if you ever have a problem its very easily removable and doesnt weld the joints or anything like that.

A plumber did that here once after I was unable to seal a joint, I stole his idea:)

Reply to
bob haller