P trap for a 4" PVC pipe

I have a deck drain from my pool area which is enclosed in a screen. The drain is a 4" PVC pipe that drains to the outside of the house into a gravel pit.
I noticed quite a bit of no-see-ums in the screen enclosure area, and this should not happen since it's screened in with insect screen that no-see-ums cannot pass through. I am suspecting they are coming up from the deck drain pipe that drains into the gravel pit. I guess the only way to stop this is to either cover the outlet with a screen mesh material but that would inhibit the flow when it rains and also trap debris. The other option is to install a p-trap in the drain line, but do they make a p-trap for 4" PVC pipes?
Thanks,
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

Do they make something called a P trap? Dunno.
Do they make fittings that can be made onto a P trap? Of course.
--

dadiOH

I am sorry, I meant to say a "running" p-trap, one that is built into the pipe with a minimum dip.
MiamiCuse wrote:

NIBCO P/N 5885 (may have been replaced by a newer P/N)
Specs: http://www.nibco.com/assets/plasticfit.pdf page 29
Easy enough to make a run trap-- just get a 90 and two 45's. Put the 90 so it looks like a "V", and then come off each side with a 45. 4" fittings are not cheap, but if you could find a ready made fitting like you are looking for, I would bet it would cost many times what the three fittings would cost. Larry
On Feb 2, 9:41pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (lp13-30) wrote:

The size seems excessive but yes it can be done and if you can do it as was described earlier will cost remember to put in on the flat as trap will drain clean if angled. Also make it removable to clean and drain 2 ferncos will do the job