Owens Corning shingles

Three years ago I had a new roof put on using Owens Corning 25 year shingles and now every time we have a high wind which is all the time in West Texas shingles blow off and need to be replaced. Are these shingles cheap and just no good.
My old roof was on the house when I bought it and lasted twenty years but didn't look so good and that's why I had the new roof put on.
Robert

Robert wrote:

Sometimes, in more northerly climates where the shingles are not in the sun's path, the shingles' adhesive strips don't get hot enough to seal the shingle courses to each other, and the wind gets under the shingle and rips them off. I strongly doubt that not enough heat is the problem in West Texas.
Sounds more like an installation problem. If the original roofer is the one doing the repairs, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to point out their own shortcomings that might require a total roof replacement.
In high wind areas, like where I am, the shingles need six nails, not four. Examine the roof to see if the shingles are indeed sealing to each other, and the quantity and location of nails used per shingle. There are roofers with nail guns that move so fast they can't spare the time to put the right number of nails in the right places. You know, idiots.

Might have been a defective lot ... contact both Owens Corning and the installer.
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:15:53 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

Or a defective installation. Aren't you supposed to put extra glue on those, in high wind exposures? Are you even supposed to USE the 25-year shingle in high wind exposure areas?