Over the range Microwave installation

I just bought the microwave and am going to attempt to install it. The one problem I have run into is the wiring. The microwave has a 3 prong plug while the existing hood is 3 wires. According to the directions I need to plug this into an outlet located in the cabinet above, which I do not have (the outlet that is).
What should I do?
TIA, Felix

If you must ask, call an electrician.

You should install an outlet in the cabinet above the microwave.

If you have the know how, that range hood lead could be used to power an outlet that can be installed in the cabinet above the microwave. Do you know what power requirements are for your new microwave? Can it run on the rangehood circuit, which may be 15 amps, or does the oven require a 20 amp feed?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (felix) wrote in message

Hi,
As long as the power supply for the range hood is a dedicated, min 15 amp line the wires can be fished from the hood into the cabinet above and an plug outlet can be installed using the existing power supply.