Over Range Microwave Night Lights

I've owned two Kitchenaide (upscale Whirlpool) over range microwaves, purchased many years apart. Both had a problem with one of the two underneath night lights burning out prematurely. I figure it's a design flaw. Has anyone had the same problem with whirlpools? (or any other brand?)
On Sat 18 Oct 2008 06:50:56p, Bob told us...

I don't know how long they're supposed to last, but we have a Whirlpol over the range microwave and have used the nightlight setting since we moved into this house two years ago. The orignal bulb is still going strong.
--
Wayne Boatwright
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

No more, no less:-))
Lou I see said the blind man to his deaf wife!

I have a Whirlpool with a high/low light and I usually use the high setting. No probelms for 6 years. I really like the powerful fan with several settings and fan timer-off switch. The sliding glass tray is nice too. Test the voltage, yours may be too high.