Oven Won't Heat

I have an ancient Frigidaire Electric double wall oven Model #RBE-97K. The upper will no longer heat at all. If I turn the dial the red light doesn't even come on(no heat from either Bake or Broil).

I checked the power at the oven outlet, I am getting 220V. Checked the resistance of the Heat element, it checks out ok. I also checked the power at the element leads with oven turned on: no power.

The lower oven still works fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance, -a12vman

Reply to
a12vman

Does it have a clock timer improperly set so it won't go on? (Push or pull a knob) I've had that happen.

Check out

and
for some ideas.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Broiler and lower element bad? I had to rewire the back feed wires of my old wall oven they probably melted off the terminal when an element arched and burnt up, its easy to do, you have to trace back to where the power fails to find your issue. Does the resistance compare with the other element, are you sure the controls are on, I have a clock and extra settings that I still cant figure out but it locks it out sometimes when its cleaned by accident. If you rewire, research the right high temp wire and gauge. Mine cant be replaced its built in and they dont make them that small anymore.

Reply to
ransley

Ed's suggestion is right on the money. Eons ago, the first time I was working for this company, we worked on appliances as well as hvac. I couldn't even guess how many oven calls I went on,and put the timer on "manual" and on came the oven. If that is not the problem, you'll just have to start checking voltages. You have 230 coming in, and don't have it to the elements. Wherever it stops is likely your problem. Larry

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Pull it out, unplug it, remove the back panel, and start poking around with a continuity meter.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken